MINETEK is a global air, water and sound solutions provider based here in Australia. The business is a leader in the provision of water evaporation, water management, underground ventilation, sound attenuation and noise control solutions.
With over 150 years of combined experience, we have successfully delivered thousands of ‘world-first’ projects for hundreds of clients across the globe.
About the Role:
This position is paramount to ensuring project deliverables are guaranteed through effective management of inventory, supply chain and procurement timelines.
The role will be required to place and track purchase orders, confirm deliveries, manage vendors and be responsible for conducting regular price comparisons to ensure the most cost-effective outcomes for the business.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- To complete daily purchasing activities, as per departmental needs and key business stakeholders
- Sourcing and managing international Low-Cost Carriers (LCCs) of raw materials, goods and services in an efficient manner to guarantee maximum cost saving
- Identifying potential procurement and buying business possibilities, while maintaining agreements within the plans and regulations of MINETEK
- Providing regular reporting of procurement activities and cost savings achieved
- Supporting Project Managers to continually reduce costs through effective management of vendors, timing, and quality
- Negotiation and establishment of the purchase order and supply contracts to provide the best cashflow possibilities for the business’s global reach
- Establishing sustainable logistics relationships to help guarantee maximum efficiency, productivity and benefit to overall business needs
- Regular interaction with stakeholders regarding various agreement issues, doubts, and queries
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualifications, training and experience in inventory and supply chain, with a suitable knowledge of procurement and contract management
- The ability to confidently manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and contemporary purchasing software
- Practical, self-motivated and approachable, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding relationship building, networking and negotiation skills with a passion for influencing business improvement and best practice initiatives
- The ability to research, identify market trends and make decisions based on relevant data, in a high-pressure environment
- Can think ‘outside of the box to improve deliverables, margin and quality
Culture and Benefits
Minetek is an organisation with strong company values, a business that cares about the personal and professional development of its employees. We work hard to provide a work environment that encourages open communication and collaboration, whilst remaining constantly mindful of what it takes to evolve a culture that will support long-term employee engagement.
We are offering a competitive salary package, along with exceptional company benefits. Your excellent performance will also be rewarded with career development opportunities and great team support.