About the Role:
We are currently seeking proactive, positive and willing individuals with knowledge of and skills in switchboard assembly, to join the team at our production and testing facility in Prestons, Sydney
The primary responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Assembling and wiring distribution boards, control panels and main switchboards.
- Electrical switchboard and electrical systems.
- Reading and interpreting electrical design drawings, documentation and schematics
- Component assembly and testing
- Promoting cost and production savings
- Where appropriate, fostering relationships with clients and key suppliers
- Keeping up to date with relevant industry and Australian standards
You will be a natural go-getter, and problem solver, who is driven to exceed expectations and make positive contributions to the growth and evolution of the business.
To be considered for one of these vacancies, you must have the following:
- Relevant Trade qualifications, with proven experience building main switchboards, distribution boards and control panels
- Knowledge and skills in interpreting switchboard drawings & schematic diagrams
- Cell Wiring experience (Advantageous)
- Experience with PLC, VSD and MCCs (not essential)
- Working knowledge of Australian electrical standards
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to think and act quickly in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to identify and suggest process improvements and new ideas
- A genuine team player who works effectively with others and self-motivated when working autonomously
- Excellent verbal (presentation) and written communication skills.
Culture and Benefits
Minetek is an organisation with strong company values, a business that cares about the personal and professional development of its employees. We work hard to provide a work environment that encourages open communication and collaboration, whilst remaining constantly mindful of what it takes to evolve a culture that will support long-term employee engagement.
We are offering a competitive salary package, along with exceptional company benefits. The excellent performance you will also be rewarded with career development opportunities, and great team support.