MINETEK is an innovative and progressive organisation specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, and servicing of solutions for the industrial and resource sectors, both domestic and internationally.
With over 150 years of combined experience, MINETEK has successfully delivered thousands of projects worldwide for hundreds of clients.
About the Role:
The position is essential in driving project programmes, implementing technical engineering solutions and ensuring project delivery is in line with client expectations.
- Managing and monitoring all installed electrical control systems and infrastructure
- Preparing control system and electrical engineering design packages including drawings, specifications, schedules and execution
- Managing and assisting on key projects through effective planning, submitting variations and negotiating client approvals
- Programming and commissioning of systems from conception to completion
- Consulting with clients to establish requirements and scope of work including support with preparation, design and generation of proposals and tenders
- Interface with equipment vendors and contractors to troubleshoot and resolve start-up issues
- Ensuring current technical standards, reference materials, software programs and tools are in place for successful project engineering works
- Fault Finding and Diagnostics to support customer systems
- Replying promptly to downtime events impacting production while offering consistent controls engineering support to operations
- Reverse engineering current systems and programs for the performance of failure recovery
- Relevant qualifications and proven experience working in a similar role within industrial engineering and/or mining environment.
- A working knowledge of Australian codes of practice, coupled with advanced knowledge in control theory
- Documentation writing, ITPs, O&M Manuals, Commissioning Documents, Project design
- A diverse range of skills in electrical design, automation, and control systems
- A comprehensive understanding of process control issues and how to develop solutions to enhance process and product
- An ability to work autonomously and quickly adapt to changing technical/business requirements
Culture and Benefits
Minetek is an organisation with strong company values, a business that cares about the personal and professional development of its employees. We work hard to provide a work environment that encourages open communication and collaboration, whilst remaining constantly mindful of what it takes to evolve a culture that will support long-term employee engagement.