MINETEK is an innovative and progressive organisation specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, and servicing of solutions for the industrial and resource sectors, both domestic and internationally. With over 150 years of combined experience, the business has successfully delivered thousands of projects worldwide for hundreds of clients.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Assembly Worker to join the team at our production and testing facility in Prestons, Sydney. This opportunity will suit someone looking for a more dynamic work environment, who is driven by the mix of workshop-based production assembly and site-based install work.
- Utilising skills as a Fitter/Welder, to support the assembly and testing of fan and sound attenuation equipment
- Reading and interpreting basic drawings, electrical schematics, diagrams, bill of materials and written instructions for assembly
- Quality checks of all essential product post-production and during site install
- Maintaining work areas and equipment, safe of potential hazards and safety risks
- Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks to fulfil orders
- Storing goods and materials correctly and in accordance with Minetek standards and process
- Carrying out basic quality and testing checks, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot potential product issues
- Assembly of goods, monitoring the production process for maximum efficiency
- Trade qualifications (desirable but not essential), with proven experience fitting/assembling industrial products in a production environment
- An inherent understanding of Australian safety standards and their application to a medium risk environment
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults with tools and machinery, through regular maintenance checks
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to think and act quickly in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to identify and suggest process improvements and new ideas
- A genuine team-player who works effectively with others and self-motivated when working autonomously
- Excellent verbal (presentation) and written communication skills
- A co-operative and friendly disposition towards staff, customers and suppliers
Culture and Benefits
Minetek is an organisation with strong company values, a business that cares about the personal and professional development of its employees. We work hard to provide a work environment that encourages open communication and collaboration, whilst remaining constantly mindful of what it takes to evolve a culture that will support long-term employee engagement.